Friday, May 15, 2009

Color




Yellow Saturday



 


My favourite pincushion






from the toybox






the butter dish I bought in

Anthropologie
(possibly my favourite shop in New York. No, not
possibly, definitely.)






packaging from Mr Sparrow (cute
shop in Subiaco here in Perth)






an easter pendant






grape tomatoes from the garden (the last two - fruit fly have taken the
rest)






what came first - the chicken or the egg? (tea towel also from
Anthropologie)






From the printers tray






and from the button jar.






Well my colour week is over and it was fun, but it took a lot of time
and I am feeling guilty about that. Especially when I look around my
sewing room and I see so many projects waiting to be finished. Next week
I promise to be more productive.



Happy Easter to all.

 




10 April 2009




White
Friday



 


As today is Good Friday, I have chosen a more subdued colour.



an egg candle for Easter






fence art






I couldn't decide whether to include this picture with the blues for the
sky or the whites for the washing. As you see I chose the whites, but it
was not an easy choice as the blue of the sky was so vivid.






my favourite coffee cup






white trug with shells (that sounds like the title of a still life
painting)






pebbles from the garden






begonia






iceberg roses






a long line of whites from the printers tray






and from the button jar.




 




09 April 2009




Red
Thursday



 


It is late in the day to be posting, but sometimes life just gets in the
way as it has today. Better late than never I always say.



An Easter gift






red globes






tomatoes big and little









my red car








threads and buttons









 




08 April 2009





Orange Wednesday



 








I thought that orange would be the most difficult colour to find, but
then I remembered that I had a few refugees from the 70s lurking in the
cupboards.














A more recent addition to the cupboard






However, I didn't have a single orange button in the button jar. Instead
I found some tiny orange tipped easter eggs.






Even the orange threads were a bit sparse




 




07 April 2009




Pink
Tuesday



 


My Bridal Pink rose









Something for Easter






A pink hat for summer (which doesn't seem to want to make way for autumn
here in Perth)






My new pink shoes






A pretty cake of soap






from the printers tray






and from the button jar




 




06 April 2009




Blue
Monday



 


Blue is my favourite colour and seemed a good choice for the start of
the working week






Today's touch of Easter






Tiny blue sugar hearts






The shirt-stripe boxes quilt ready and waiting for the next stage






Something new to keep the littlest one warm (if it ever gets cold here!)






A blue pod for the coffee machine






Threads from the printers tray






and from the button jar.




 




04 April 2009




A week
of colour



 


I have been a very slack blogger recently so I promised myself I would
make amends and post every day this coming week. In order to do this, I
decided I would need a theme to give me inspiration and my theme is
going to be colour. I will give each day of the week its own colour and
see how many objects in the house or garden I can find of that colour
every day. As it is Easter Week, I will try to include a touch of Easter
each day.



Tomorrow will be green Sunday. Let's see how we go.





No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Perform Hajj

1. Hajj Preparations Hajj begins on the 8th day of Dhu al-Hijjah, when pilgrims make their intentions to undertake the pilgrimage by do...